Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: were any really

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    were any really

    made with this cone?


    I have included a picture of the Serial number showing that it has not been reconed.


    bp0v3ywwkkgrhquokjkeubb

    bp0v65wb2kkgrhqiokiqeuc

    bp0v8lwbgkkgrhquokieeuz

    bp0vzgmkkgrhqyokjyeujr0



    ALTEC LANSING 755A 8" Driver Pristine ! - eBay (item 290420372880 end time Apr-03-10 19:55:40 PDT)







    This has no effect in the sound reproduction as you know.

    I have frequency sweep tested this driver and the specs are perfect without any distortion.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: were any really

    Quote Originally Posted by tomt View Post
    made with this cone?
    I saw those shortly after being listed. I sent him a message, and told him that I thought they were recones, as I've never seen a 755a have a cone like that. I got no response.

    He seems to be going on the numbers on the cone, but don't most cones have numbers, so a reconer can look up the characteristics of a particular cone they plane to use?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Schell's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: were any really

    Definitely a recone, and a fairly sloppy one at that, though the original rim gasket parts were retained. The prices some of these pieces are bringing these days are really nuts.

  4. #4
    HB Super Moderator
    were any really


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: were any really

    It's an early 755a but the cone isn't right.

    Altec 755a speakers

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: were any really

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell View Post
    .......The prices some of these pieces are bringing these days are really nuts.
    Yes, which is why I finally sold my single........ it brought $1800+
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  6. #6
    HB Super Moderator
    were any really


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: were any really

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Yes, which is why I finally sold my single........ it brought $1800+

    Nice tidy Sum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.